Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- File Formats: Submit word files with tablets, photos and graphs (Colour / Black and white only) electronically embedded within the text of the document with at least 2.54 cm margins on all sides.
- Manuscript Title: Top of paper, Times New Roman; Fonts all caps, bold, 14 points.
- Author Names: Last name, followed by initials, corresponding author of the manuscript must be marked with an asterisk. font: bold, 12 points.
- Institution Name: Institutional address 12 points.
- E-mail: Email of corresponding author, 10 points.
- Numbering: Pages should be numbered consecutively; the text should be arranged in the following order: Others: Title page, Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion or Results and Discussion, Acknowledgements, References Figure and Tables should be appropriately included in the text.
- References: The references should be listed on a separate sheet and should be numbered consecutively in the order in which they are cited in the text. Cite in the text by the appropriate arabic number e.g. 1, 2, 3 and the numbers should be superscripted.
The copyright to this article is transferred to Galaxy Sciences (including without limitation, the right to publish the work in whole or in part in any and all forms of media, now or hereafter known) effective if and when the article is accepted for publication thus granting Galaxy Sciences all rights for the work so that both parties may be protected from the consequences of unauthorized use.
The copyright transfer covers the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute the article, including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, electronic form (offline,online) or any other reproductions of similar nature.
The authors warrant that their contribution is an original work not published elsewhere, that they have the full power to make this grant and that the article contains no matter unlawful or which invades the right to privacy or infringes any proprietary right.
Reproducing Published Material from other Publishers
It is absolutely essential that authors obtain permission to reproduce any published material (figures, schemes, tables or any extract of a text) which does not fall into the public domain, or for which they do not hold the copyright. Permission should be requested by the authors from the copyright holder (usually the Publisher, please refer to the imprint of the individual publications to identify the copyright holder).
Permission is required for:
- Your own works published by other Publishers and for which you did not retain copyright.
- Substantial extracts from anyones’ works or a series of works.
- Use of Tables, Graphs, Charts, Schemes and Artworks if they are unaltered or slightly modified.
- Photographs for which you do not hold copyright.
Permission is not required for:
- Reconstruction of your own table with data already published elsewhere. Please notice that in this case you must cite the source of the data in the form of either “Data from…” or “Adapted from…”.
- Reasonably short quotes are considered fair use and therefore do not require permission.
- Graphs, Charts, Schemes and Artworks that are completely redrawn by the authors and significantly changed beyond recognition do not require permission.
In order to avoid unnecessary delays in the publication process, you should start obtaining permissions as early as possible. If in any doubt about the copyright, apply for permission. Galaxy Sciences cannot publish material from other publications without permission.
The copyright holder may give you instructions on the form of acknowledgement to be followed; otherwise follow the style: “Reproduced with permission from [author], [book/journal title]; published by [publisher], [year].’ at the end of the caption of the Table, Figure or Scheme.
Authors should understand that consistent with Galaxy Science’s policy of encouraging dissemination of information, each work published by Global Sciences appears with the Galaxy Sciences copyright and the following notice:
“Intellectual properties and scientific inventions published with Galaxy Sciences are protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Permission to make digital or hard copies of part or all of this work for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear this notice and the full citation on the first page. Copyrights for components of this work owned by others than Galaxy Sciences must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted. To copy otherwise, to republish, to post on servers or to redistribute to lists, requires prior specific permission and/or a fee.”
However, it is at the discretion of Galaxy Sciences if the copyright notice should be included in the published manuscript.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.